In a recent study, co-working with a friend is proven to increase productivity by 312%*.
As someone who works from home, I understand the need to feel like you’re working with someone, even if they’re not in the room.
So I made you this video. You can play it whenever you’re feeling isolated or unproductive. It’s 25 minutes long so you can use it as a timer to employ the famous Pomodoro Technique.
What Is the Pomodoro Technique?
It’s a time management method developed by Francesco Cirillo in the late eighties. The technique uses a timer to break down work into intervals of 25 minutes and separated by short breaks.
These intervals are called pomodoros, which means tomato in Italian. The method is based on the idea that frequent breaks can improve mental agility.
6 Stages of The Pomodoro Technique
- Decide on the task to be done.
- Set a timer to 25 minutes (or use the video above).
- Work on the task until the timer is up.
- Afterward, write down that you completed one pomodoro.
- If you have less than four completed pomodoros on the current task, take a 5-minute break.
- However, if you completed more than four pomodoros, take a 15 or 30-minute break. Then, reset your pomodoro count and repeat the technique for a new task.
You can learn more about the Pomodoro Technique by watching this video.
*There is no study. I made it up.
Matt GiovanisciI own three authority sites across different niches, including Swim University, Brew Cabin, and Money Lab. They earn a combined total of roughly $700,000 a year. I design and code all my own sites. Write the words. Film and edit the videos. Produce the podcasts. Illustrate the graphics. And I have a small team that helps too.
Sell Sponsorships on a New Website in 28 Days
An aggressive sales blitz to sell as many coffee sponsorship deals as I can on my one-year old website in only 28 days (4 weeks).
Produce and Sell a Rap Album in 30 Days
An ambitious and artistic challenge to prove that you can make money in the music industry in record time (pun intended) by selling a rap album.