My name is Matt Giovanisci. I'm self-employed and work from home. But it's nothing special. I wake up whenever I want, put my sweatpants on one leg at a time, and tell my butler to make me an egg soufflé just like everyone else.
Ok, I don't have a butler.
I started a website in 2006 called Swim University. The site now makes over $250,000 a year but it took 10 years.
In March 2015, I started a coffee education website called Roasty. I sold it in 2018 for $55,000.
I design and code all my own sites by hand. Write the words. Film and edit the videos. Produce the podcasts. Illustrate the graphics. But now I have a team that helps me with writing and editing podcasts.
In case that wasn't enough, here's my entire entrepreneurial timeline.
Money Lab Rules
- Have fun. Make money.
- Be honest and 100% transparent.
- Ignore "best practices" or do the opposite.
- Show. Don't tell.
- Always entertain.
- Challenges must have a deadline.
- Design to make consuming content easy or entertaining.
- Writing should be casual, short, and to-the-point.
- Do what you're best at and the money will take care of itself.
- Don't spread yourself thin.
The idea for these rules came from Chuck Jones' "Road Runner Rules."